Fitness is defined by the dictionary as the quality or state of being fit. A well rounded program improves a person in all aspects of the fitness triangle, which includes physical, emotional and mental fitness. Some of the most well known positive effects of physical fitness include reduced/controlled blood pressure, cancer prevention, reduced inflammation, a boosted immune system, reduced severity of menopause symptoms, weight control and improved mental health and well-being.
At Shanti Rejuvenation Center, we strive to offer fitness and yoga classes for all ages and levels of fitness so you can feel your physical, emotional and mental best!
APRIL CLASS TIMES:
AM Hotties: This class is not being held in the month of April
Vinyasa Flow Yoga: Every Monday at 6:15pm
Yogafaith: Every Saturday at 9:00am
Hatha Yoga: Every Wednesday at 5:15p
Class space is limited, so call 515-832-8979 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your place today.
* Please note – If school is cancelled due to weather, fitness and yoga classes will also be cancelled.
- AM HOTTIES is a combination fitness class which includes aerobic conditioning and strength and flexibility training. It is geared toward beginners and seniors.
- VINYASA FLOW YOGA was adapted from Ashtanga yoga in the 1980s. It is the most athletic yoga style, where movement is coordinated with breath to flow from one pose to another.
- HATHA YOGA employs a combination of physical postures, breathing exercises and mindful awareness of the physical and subtle bodies.
- YOGAFAITH includes prayer, meditation, movement (Prayers in Motion), rest and stillness. Classes may include praise and worship music, candles and/or a cross.
- TAI CHI is often described as “meditation in motion,” but it might well be called “medication in motion.” Tai chi can be easily adapted for anyone, from the most fit to people confined to wheelchairs or recovering from surgery.
MARY FORTUNE has been working in the fitness/wellness industry for 34 years. She holds certifications from ACE in Aerobic Fitness Class instruction and Personal Fitness Training, Hatha Yoga, AAFP Medical Exercise Specialist, Zumba, First Aid and CPR. She leads the AM Hotties and Hatha Yoga classes.
LAURIE JOHNSON has been practicing yoga at home for many years to balance the effects of running, and has been leading yoga practice since the fall of 2017. She is an RYT-200 and RYFT, obtaining her Yogafaith training in Seattle, WA. She leads the Vinyasa Flow and Yogafaith classes.
GARRETT RIEDEMANN was accepted as a student of James Williams of Dojo of the Four Winds and Bugei Trading Company in 2002. He has been training and teaching in the arts of kenjutsu, aikijujutsu and iaijutsu under Mr. Williams’s guidance since that time along with other arts learned along the way such as Tai Chi. He brings over 25 years of teaching and training experience and his life’s passion to Martial Arts. Garrett leads the Tai Chi classes.
* All Fitness and Yoga classes at Shanti Wellness Day Spa are instructed for multi-fitness levels and some classes may be available to audit one class free so you feel comfortable before you make a commitment for the month.